For many years, Hong Kong has remained an icon for stability because of its political and financial systems. Unlike in the west where operating a business is very difficult and policies restrictive, Hong Kong has very hospitable people and is among the best places one can dream of living. To get residence visa Hong Kong, you should consider the following two methods.
Quality migrant admission scheme
This is a quota-based system that targets highly skilled and talented people who want to enter Hong Kong. The objective of this scheme is to identify and give right of abode to those who are likely to enhance the competitiveness of the economy. To qualify for this scheme, the immigrations department uses a 2-point test for the clients.
- The general points test: This assessment requires an applicant to earn 80 points based on age, language and work experience. People with special skills especially in technology stand a better chance of winning the residence visa Hong Kong.
- Achievement based point test: If you are especially talented in a specific field such as sports, you need to score high points in this criteria. For example, if you are an athlete, consider showing the previous Olympic medals, lifetime achievements awards, international awards, and national accreditation.
To apply for quality migrant admission scheme, you need to meet the following requirements;
- Meet the visa application costs
- Proof using financial statements that you can support yourself without requiring public assistance.
- Provide completed test scores in English, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
- Provide photocopies of both academic qualifications and relevant work experience.
- Provide proof of other achievements and awards.
If you get the visa based on the General points test, you can enter and stay in Hong Kong for up to 2 years. The visa can be extended for additional three years.
However, you will get 8 years residence if qualify for residence Visa Hong Kong based on the Achievement-based Point Test. This means that by the time the visa expires, you can apply for right of abode in Hong Kong.
The dependent visa
This residence visa Hong Kong is issued to people intending to enter and stay as dependants of a person who is already living there (sponsor). Note that a sponsor can be a permanent resident or a resident and can only bring children below the age of 18 years or elderly parents over 80 years.
Even people who are in Hong Kong for employment, studies, under capital investment entrant scheme, or quality migrant admission scheme are allowed to bring a dependant.
The main requirements for a dependant visa include the following;
- Meet the cost of application.
- Provide copies of visa/ identity card of the sponsor.
- Provide proof of relationship to the sponsor (marriage certificate, family letters, birth certificates, privilege cards, census record books, or other supporting documents).
- Copies of sponsor travel documents (if the sponsor is a non-permanent resident), and financial standing.
- A copy of sponsor’s accommodation should also be provided to show that he/she can afford an above standard lifestyle for the dependant.
The dependant visa is provided for a period of three years and can be extended for another three years. Note that the dependant residence visa Hong Kong remains valid as far as the sponsor’s visa is valid. In case the sponsor’s visa is cancelled or does not get renewed, the dependant visa also ends.
The dependant visa allows the entrant to study and take employment in Hong Kong during the stay. If you reach 7 years under the dependant visa, you can apply for right of abode.