Entrepreneurs who want to invest in Hong Kong are allowed to enter and set up their businesses that have the potential to assist the economy to grow.
The entrepreneur visa also allows you to bring your spouse and dependent children under the age of 18 years. You are required to apply for dependent visa at the immigrations office so that they can be granted entry and stay in Hong Kong.
Requirements for dependant visa
- All the dependant visas (for the spouse and children) are tied to the sponsor’s visa validity. As long as the sponsor visa is valid, the dependant visas remain valid. However, if the sponsor visa is denied or canceled for any reason, the same applies to the dependant visas.
- The sponsor has to demonstrate that he/she can support the dependants with above average housing and other requirements in Hong Kong (ability to support the spouse and children without requiring public assistance).
- The sponsor must proof that he/she is in a relationship with the dependent partner before the dependant visa can be granted
- The dependant must not have a criminal record back at home.
Entitlement for dependant visas
For investors operating with entrepreneurship visa, the focus has been encouraging them to work harder, grow a business, and support the Hong Kong economy. Under the dependant visa, your spouse and children are entitled to the following;
- Studying in any school (both private and public) in Hong Kong
- Seeking employment and work in Hong Kong.
- Right of abode after a continuous stay for 7 years
Hong Kong uses entrepreneurship visa and dependant visa to make it easy for investors to concentrate on building their businesses. Remember that the business will need to undergo a review when the entrepreneur visa is up for renewal. Once it is extended, the dependant visas are automatically extended.